Two Years, 3 Missions

Two Years, 3 Missions

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week #14 and Week #15


2-17-13
“This week has pretty much been like the slowest week of my life!! I got a new companion and he is a gringo so now we are a trio! It is like unheard of to have two gringos together but I guess I just got lucky!! is name is elder burges and he drives me nuts!! Hahaha he is like the most hard-core anime nerd I have ever met! Ha has a lot of time in the mission and thinks he knows everything!!! I have almost punched him like 20 times!! Hahaha he told me that I needed to be more humble and I blew up!! Because I am like more humble right now than I have ever been because I always have to rely on them for everything because half the time I don’t understand them so I just have to go with it and you know how much I suck at following!! Hahaha but yeah I don’t like him. haha oh well I guess I will get over it!! hahaha this week has been super boring and we have had like no luck!! I try soooo hard to work hard but my companions are lazy!! Hahaha I think that’s why I have gotten into working out because it’s the only thing that I can control hahaha I guess I am pretty controlling! So yeah my Spanish still sucks but it is a lot better. I get pretty frustrated with myself because of my Spanish mostly when I am reading. I am getting better with that!! hahaha I have not really changed at all!! This week has gone super slow!! hahaha hopefully the next will speed up!!
love,
Christian”

2-25-13
“This week was all right! hahaha We didn’t really have anything super cool happen! The coolest thing that happened is that we had a talent show in our ward! haha It was supposed to be for the members to invite people who are not members, but it was only members and then some of our investigators!! hahahaha but I sang a solo for the show! hahaha It was a song about gringos and Peru!! hahaha it was pretty funny and everyone was dying laughing!! hahaha so we are teaching two families right now! Family Garbosa are the people who sell fruit and they are pretty cool but we still have to get them married and they haven’t come to church yet so we have to get them to go! hahaa but when we got to his house one day he was asleep on his front porch with his book of Mormon!! I took a picture because I though it was funny that an investigator fell sleep with his book of Mormon!! Haha and yeah we still have a lot of work with them! hahah and then were teaching Family Labajos who are police! they are super cool!! and he likes to show off his guns! they hahahaha and yeah they haven’t come to church either!! hahahaa oh well! My companion drives me freaking crazy right now I don’t even like talking to him!! ha-ha but oh well I know that’s just part of it!! I’m so freaking sick right now! I have a gnarly sore throat and my whole body hurts!! I am such a baby about being sick!! I’m not sure if I told you this but we have got like a whole family of cockroaches in our house!! hahaha like a really big family with cousins and grandparents and every one of there friends!! they are soooo gross and I go hunting sometimes at night!!! hahah I have killed a lot of them but they just keep coming they like never end!! and mice to!! and I think I saw a rat but I’m not sure it could have just been a big mouse! haha hahaha sanitation here sucks! oh yeah and our shower broke so it is all cold water which I guess is not so bad because I cant get shocked anymore and it also makes we want to work our harder in the morning so I am warm and it feels good to get in the shower!
Love, Christian”

No comments:

Post a Comment